About Me

My photo
Should I NOT wear a tutu in my thirties or admit that on (not so) rare occassions I eat frosting with a spoon? Should I NOT dress up in Christmas decorations and burst into the CEO's office looking like a reject from Whoville to wish her a Merry Christmas... or toast life with a purple polka dotted champagne glass (filled with orange juice) before 9 am in the office? Maybe I shouldn't but I like to think that it's part of my charm!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What's in YOUR trunk?

I was recently made aware that men like a woman… with a clean car!  I am not quite sure why.   I thought my messy car spoke of my vulnerability and need to be cared for.  Apparently, it just says that I’m not only lazy but messy to boot! 

 In an effort to truly be #wifematerial, I headed straight to the car wash and got that puppy washed and vacuumed. My next stop was the local gas station for an oil change and tire fill. What good was a clean car if the head gasket was blown (yes, did that once) and the tires were flat?!?!? 

I felt QUITE PROUD as I drove my shiny, freshly oiled car with the full tires home!  I made sure to glance at other drivers as I passed, certain that one of them would be cute, single and impressed by my automotive care! 

As I drove…  I remembered… my trunk!  It was like a big fat pin had just popped my shiny red balloon!  What if Mr. Wow-I-Think-You-Are-So-Hot-Because-Of-The-Way-You-Care-For-Car looked in my trunk?!?!? 

I did a quick mental inventory of the contents – sleeping bag, 2 blazers, a winter coat, a spring jacket, books, board games, a frying pan (that says I kiss better than I cook), p90x, a few cans of soup, some mugs and a fondue pot.  How would I explain THIS away… My mind began to dart quickly between the items listed above and like a good game of connect the dots I knew… that the contents of my trunk made me more desirable than ever! 

Come natural disaster, famine, the zombie apocalypse, or a simple breakdown, I could survive on the contents of my trunk!  I could stay warm, create shelter, fry soup, read a book, and change my clothes.  My car was not just a mode of transportation, it was a survival kit!

I am #wifematerial!

2 comments:

  1. Yes you are. Just need to add a roll of toliet paper Unless you dont mind the feel of leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love that you can still make me laugh all these years later! You're great!

    ReplyDelete