About Me

My photo
Should I NOT wear a tutu in my thirties or admit that on (not so) rare occassions I eat frosting with a spoon? Should I NOT dress up in Christmas decorations and burst into the CEO's office looking like a reject from Whoville to wish her a Merry Christmas... or toast life with a purple polka dotted champagne glass (filled with orange juice) before 9 am in the office? Maybe I shouldn't but I like to think that it's part of my charm!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Where ARE the camera men?

I know that I have said it before but… I think I’m pretty funny and truth be told I *wish* I could earn a living with my humor alone! 

All of this 9-5 (& that morning 9 am hour DOES include my commute and morning trip to Starbucks, right?), sitting at a desk and being nice to clients ALL DAY is… a lot of work!  It does NOT come naturally for me!  What does come naturally is sleeping late, drinking lattes (green tea are my current favorite) and being funny!  Those three things are effortless!  Doesn’t this modern era that we live in tell us to work with our strengths?  Well, those are mine. 

Now please don’t think you are being original and clever if you are shrieking at your computer – stand-up comedy, you should do stand-up comedy!  Because well… this isn’t Comcast on Demand. I can’t just produce the funniness.  The majority of it is situational. It is a result of what life throws at me… and what I throw back.  We have a great little volley going on… life and I! 

What I really need is a camera to follow me around, capture my life and edit it down to 30 minutes a week. Honestly, I would watch me! 

Who else do you know who has…
·         Spit gum out their car window doing 85 mph down the highway only to have it land on the windshield of a cop car! (Got pulled over for the gum but not the speeding – no ticket acquired!)
·         Called out of work… fat… It was just one of those days… when my jeans didn’t fit. So I did what any self-respecting girl would do! I threw them across the room and curled up with a book! (Books always fit!)
·         Driven through an electric fence and into a herd of cows or…
·         Put a pair of boxer briefs on an otherwise naked and anatomically correct statue (see previous post- Nature Boy)

It could be good times… this sitcom of mine… and it would all be… Part of My Charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment