About Me

My photo
Should I NOT wear a tutu in my thirties or admit that on (not so) rare occassions I eat frosting with a spoon? Should I NOT dress up in Christmas decorations and burst into the CEO's office looking like a reject from Whoville to wish her a Merry Christmas... or toast life with a purple polka dotted champagne glass (filled with orange juice) before 9 am in the office? Maybe I shouldn't but I like to think that it's part of my charm!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Every Child Deserves a Chin!

Today’s disclaimer – Shallow: Party of One

This morning I woke up with a new found confidence in two things.  The first being that I am amazing and quite a catch!  The second being that my husband may be right around the corner in my life.  I have always imagined that I would meet my husband at church or a conference because that is where Christian girls go to meet men…

Today I realized that Christian men aren’t only in church. They are in grocery stores and doctor’s offices and maybe even at Chick-fil-a. So I put on my lip gloss… and smiled at all the men I saw, old, young, attractive & … un!  If they didn’t smile back, I kept it moving… CLEARLY it was THEIR loss!

On particular guy caught my eye as I stepped onto an elevator, we smiled and politely nodded at each other with our matching Chick-fil-a bags in hand.  This particular elevator was slow moving giving me plenty of time to take him in and think… slightly rumpled suit – that’s okay – it IS hot out today… not a head turner but potentially a really nice guy!  I pictured us talking and laughing, going out with friends… generally enjoying life… and then I noticed it… his chin… or should I say lack thereof. 

The images in my mind started to morph slightly as I pictured… our chinless children!  I couldn’t help but think… Every child deserves a chin!

With another smile and nod, I exited the elevator still certain that my husband could be anywhere… but also certain that he must have a chin!

No comments:

Post a Comment