About Me

My photo
Should I NOT wear a tutu in my thirties or admit that on (not so) rare occassions I eat frosting with a spoon? Should I NOT dress up in Christmas decorations and burst into the CEO's office looking like a reject from Whoville to wish her a Merry Christmas... or toast life with a purple polka dotted champagne glass (filled with orange juice) before 9 am in the office? Maybe I shouldn't but I like to think that it's part of my charm!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

GREEN... is NOT the new BLACK!

I am really funny... quite hilarious at times if you ask me and often without even trying!  Humor is just a part of who I am.  Along with being funny, I am also  pretty honest.  I call 'em like I see 'em and honestly just say what I am thinking with little to no pretense.  And just a curious little side note on that point, was I NOT supposed to talk about the man-boobs that had swag?!

So I'm going to be honest... sometimes, just sometimes, I think that God is going a little too far with this rejoice with those who rejoice thing! (Shocked face, I know... I know... but I'm being real.. and if you keep reading it really does all resolve in a way that I think makes Jesus proud.)  I mean when Peter asked how many times we are supposed to forgive Jesus said 70 times 7.  Yes I know, biblically there was some infinity type significance to that equation but here in 2012... that means 490!  So I will give you 490 chances and THEN... we are THROUGH!

So... how many times am I supposed to rejoice with those who rejoice?  I mean, I can tell you how many bridesmaids dresses are hanging in my closet and the number of showers - both bridal and baby that I have planned.  I couldn't even begin to count the number that I have attended.  Sometimes it's been easy and other times, it's been more of a challenge but each time I have had to make a choice - To rejoice or NOT to rejoice - That was the question!

I recently found myself wondering in those times when it has been a challenge, WHY it was so hard?  WHAT the struggle was?  The answer hit and it wasn't very pretty... jealousy!  Now here was the trick... I really was truly, genuinely happy for my friends... but I was sad for me... and the combination left me GREEN with envy.  I love the color green but not in this context!  Green is NOT the new black and I do NOT like the accessories that go with this particular shade of green.  Dissatisfaction, depression, frustration... the list could go on and on! 

Have you ever found yourself in this situation, wondering how to rid yourself of that awful feeling? 

The first step is to recognize where it is coming from.  The truth is that jealousy is usually spawned out of unbelief.  The reality is that if I TRULY believe that God was going to fulfill the desires of my heart, I would be encouraged NOT discouraged when I see Him doing it for someone else. 

The second is to pray for and go out of your way to bless one of two people - EITHER the person whose dream is coming true (trust me when you do this with a sincerity of heart, you are blessed in the process) OR someone who is discouraged and needs a little pick me up.  In both cases you are no longer focusing on the source of your problem... which in this case, unfortunately is YOU!

If you remember nothing else, remember... Green is NOT the new black... AND if you hurt me 490 times... I will forgive you anyway (partially because I probably lost count a long time ago :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment